A great way to start your day is with protein in your breakfast.
I do this every day with a serving of 26g of protein – so I decided to look out for recipes that also contain a similar amount of protein, also ensuring there is a balance of carbohydrates and fats and fibre too – you can’t forget those little beauties to begin your day!
Here is a selection that I have found for you to enjoy:
Protein Packed Oatmeal (borrowed from Live Fit)
- contains chia seeds for that extra nutritional boost
- 28g protein
3-ingredient Peanut Butter Pancakes (borrowed from Fit Foodie Finds)
- grain free and dairy free
- no peanut butter was used, so lower in calories
- 20g protein
Salted Chocolate Oatmeal (borrowed from The Lemon Bowl)
- uses cocoa powder
- using the protein powder I use, I would take out the vanilla and yoghurt, still have high protein (well, 2 scoops of the powder will give you the 26g that I have)
- 17.7g protein
- next time I have my banana & chocolate smoothie, I’m adding some oats and salt to experiment – definitely tempted!
Enjoy these interesting and healthy ways to begin your day with bounce!