This warming and beneficial recipe sounds worthwhile, especially for those who are currently experiencing storms in the Northern Hemisphere – stay warm
This super yummy recipe is perfect for a cold winter day. It will also help to fight colds and illness (see health benefits).
Swiss Chard, Pinto Beans, & Fire Roasted Tomato Stew
Modified from recipe: here
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 Minutes Servings: 4
(Use organic whenever possible)
- Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch rainbow swiss chard leaves torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- Zest of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz. Crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken…
View original post 238 more words